[_] Alternative to BaseCamp?

Matt Hamilton matth at netsight.co.uk
Fri Oct 19 12:10:15 BST 2007

On 19 Oct 2007, at 11:36, Jon Bennett wrote:

>> http://www.jumpchart.com/
>>
>> Is great for 'interactive sitemaps'.
>
> ahh, that's pretty interesting. have been planning on doing the exact
> same thing (not as a public service, just for me!) using a slightly
> cut down version of the last CMS I built. Which helps cause clients
> get used to setting their content up in a CMS, and when things move to
> dev with the real designs, their content in already in the db and when
> they go live they're still using the same interface to manage their
> site.

Yup, this is pretty much what Andy & Ben from Rubberductions showed
at one of the Skillswaps using Plone.  We do similar things in which
we sometimes have client inputting content into a out-of-the-box
version of Plone whilst we build their site, we can then just migrate
the content over when ready.  Works well when you have multiple bits
of a project being done in parallel.

-Matt

Matt Hamilton                                       matth at netsight.co.uk
Netsight Internet Solutions, Ltd.        Business Vision on the Internet