[_] any chance of a skillswap about flash OOP

Matt Kane ascorbic at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 11:58:46 BST 2007

On 17 Oct 2007, at 11:48, Jon Bennett wrote:

> I wouldn't have thought you'd want much code on the timeline though.
> PixLib for instance allows designers and developers to work alongside
> each other. By giving the designer a snippet of code to fire an event
> on the timeline, say 'button animation finished', whatever class is
> listening to it can react accordingly. this also allows the visual
> aspects to change, without any code changes (provided the event is
> fired).

The coolest thing for collaboration between developers and designers
will be Thermo, but that won't be available til next year. It allows
interfaces to be created in Photoshop, then converted automatically
into Flex apps. The demo is amazing. It shows stuff like an image of
a scrollbar being automatically converted into a working scrollbar,
and the placeholder images being turned into real dummy data sources.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGdr3dCmxe4

--
Matt Kane, Lead Developer, Clementine
http://www.clevr.com/

Clementine is a trading name of Sphex LLP