[_] Mark Chitty and his continuing influence in perl and myspace discussions

Tom Gidden tom at gidden.net
Wed May 30 10:33:23 BST 2007

On 30 May 2007, at 08:14, Aaron Trevena wrote:

> [snip]

Dogmatic allegiance to Perl or any other platform just comes across
as Newbie Theatre to be honest, Aaron.  While I don't want to
disparage your experience or expertise, and certainly not get into a
pissing match, your attitude on this point always comes across
exactly the same as those Microsoft blowhards who act like only
things designed and written in Redmond are worth their time.  They're
experienced too, but their blinkered attitude is why all their
systems tend to suck so much.

All languages have their own virtues, but all languages also
fundamentally suck in one way or another.

Tom

PS. Yes, I did have a much longer post drafted, but then finally
realised that all this has been said before in an almost identical
[_] discussion with you, Aaron.

--
Tom Gidden
http://gidden.net/tom/