[_] Plesk vs cPanel

Tom Gidden tom at gidden.net
Tue May 22 12:37:20 BST 2007

On 22 May 2007, at 12:29, Jon Bennett wrote:

> afternoon,
>
> I realise this is most likely way to open to give an answer on, but
> which should I go for managing a linux VPS, Plesk or cPanel?

Not much help, I know, but IMHO, both seriously suck ass.

I can't believe what a hack job cPanel is, considering it's not just
production software but one of the market leaders too.  I wouldn't
let cPanel anywhere near a test server, let alone a live server.
Shockingly bad design, architecture and code.

I've got less experience with Plesk, but based on what I did gather
from the short time I used it, I'd hate it as well.

I would explore options that use custom interfaces, rather than
either of those two shitbags.

Tom

--
Tom Gidden