[_] Absent (well, gone quiet) friend of Underscore?

Matt Hamilton matth at netsight.co.uk
Tue May 15 16:13:09 BST 2007

On 15 May 2007, at 16:04, Peter Marshall wrote:

> Be this the Robin Grant of the Underscore of yore?  Or some
> presumtuous upstart pinching his name?

I met him at a do Thayer organised in London a couple of weeks back.
I was up in London for a meeting and went along after to meet up for
drinks etc after their talk.  I got talking to some bloke and he
asked where I was from.  On saying 'Bristol' he replied, 'oh you most
know Robin then?'.  I looked at him puzzled and he elaborated 'Robin
Grant, he used to be in Bristol wasn't he' and pointed to a bloke
standing just in front of me.  So I went over and said him and we
chatted for a bit about Underscore etc.  Underscore is coming up for
its tenth birthday in November [*], a pretty significant deal as we
have outlasted virtually every other new media group in the area, so
we should get a piss-up of some kind organised :)

[*] http://www.perfect.co.uk/v1/_/6.11.97.htm

Matt Hamilton                                       matth at netsight.co.uk
Netsight Internet Solutions, Ltd.        Business Vision on the Internet