[_] IIS site keeps stopping

Tom Holder tom at simpleweb-online.com
Sat Aug 18 13:51:26 BST 2007

Rick,

This probably has nothing to do with it as you say ASP and not .NET, but you
can't run .NET 2.0 and .NET 1.0 in the same application pool. It will just
kill it as soon as it gets a request from the second type of .NET... and not
kill it in a meaningful way. Took me ages to find that first time round.
Possibly... ASP is similar, but I don't think so. Never the less, I'd try
putting it in a separate app pool if you can.

Tom