[_] ftp agogo

Richard Davey rich at corephp.co.uk
Mon Aug 13 16:42:24 BST 2007

Hi Tom,

> FTP's just too damn inefficient for multiple files, though.

This of course is where paying for a decent FTP client comes in :)

Personally I use FTP Rush (on Windows) and it'll do all kinds of nice
things such as mass uploading of files (mine is set to upload/download
10 at once). I had it downloading a 6GB archive last night and because
it was late and I wanted to sleep I just set it to shutdown my PC once
the transfer had finished, which it did perfectly.

In-site bookmarks (i.e. you can bookmark specific folders on the
remote server), 100% local/remote file syncs, full FTP, SFTP, FTPS and
even TFTP support as standard, task manager, scheduler, on the fly
compression, SSL FXP for inter-server transfer, 100% scriptable, SFV
checks, multiple file renames, local caching, skip lists, reg exps on
transfers, comprehensive remote server file search - and hell yeah,
you can skin the excellent tabbed interface too ;)

Nice little touches like that make it more than worth the £10 it cost
me several years ago.

Cheers,

Rich
--
Zend Certified Engineer
http://www.corephp.co.uk

"Never trust a computer you can't throw out of a window"