[_] XHTML Site logos!

Chris Kaminski chris at setmajer.com
Wed Aug 8 15:51:53 BST 2007

On 8 Aug 2007, at 15:39, Tim Beadle wrote:

> Good plan. I've started setting outline: 0 so that you don't get the
> marching ants extending off screen-left.

The downside to that is when keyboard-only users try to tab through
the links they can't see where the focus went.

It's generally best to leave the outline on, IME. You can typically
hide elements easily enough by setting position: absolute and then
very large negative values (e.g. -999em) for the top & left attributes.

For hiding text, using a padding value equal to the set height of the
element (the height/width will need to be set for IR anyway) and
overflow: hidden works (or did last time I checked, I believe;
haven't used IR in some time as I mostly prefer to use text for text
and inline images where they're necessary but we've had that
discussion before and I'm not keen to repeat it).

ck