[_] Friday Fun - How to shoot yourself in the foot in any programming language

Craig Dibble craig at coolstuffhere.co.uk
Thu Nov 30 23:35:54 GMT 2006

Jan Grant wrote:
> On Fri, 1 Dec 2006, Craig Dibble wrote:
>
>> This made me laugh out loud, but that's probably just a sad reflection
>> on me:
>
> I prefer the page linked from there, in particular:

Yeah, there were quite a few that made me laugh there as well, and I
particularly liked this one:

# MOO

    * You ask a wizard for a pair of hands. After lovingly hand-crafting
the generic gun and generic bullet, you flag the objects as fertile and
then tell everyone they can now shoot themselves in the foot.

It reminded me of a misspent day in the short lived Zetland Rd MOO (with
it's secret passage from the roof to the ILRT) where after spending
hours working out how to program the kettle to boil the water to make
tea we wondered why we didn't just go down to the kitchen and put the
kettle on ourselves...