[_] Basic Mac Mini any cop?

Darren Beale bealers at gmail.com
Mon Nov 27 14:16:32 GMT 2006

Hi

I'm going to buy a Mac mini to put in the family room to act as an
iTunes server and to allow me to watch the odd avi.

Anyway, simple question: As I'll be buying a decent sized external HDD
I can't see any point going for anything other than the most basic one
but just wanted to check that it'll do E.g. the 1.6Ghz one isn't
painfully slow and the 1/2 Gb RAM is sufficient for audio/video
playback?

Also, I assume that it'll boot up with no K/M attached and thus allow me VNC in?

db