[_] Digital Radio

Matt Hamilton matth at netsight.co.uk
Thu Nov 23 09:51:08 GMT 2006

On 23 Nov 2006, at 09:36, Tom Widd wrote:

> I have a Pure Evoke 1 and its great. Got it as new on ebay for a lot
> less than the shops. I've noticed scrolling text on a blue LCD screen
> isn't great so I'd say try and get one with a standard grey LCD.

OK, speaking of all this DAB malarky.... am I the only one that finds
it very strange that this new transmission method comes out (which I
presume to be higher quality than FM) and the market leader is a mono
unit?  What's that all about?

Also, anyone here got a DAB head unit in their car?  What is the
coverage like?  Do you get coverage in all the places you get FM? Or
is it a bit like 3G where you are mainly likely to get it in big
urban areas?  And do DAB car head units normally support regular FM
as well?

-Matt

Matt Hamilton                                       matth at netsight.co.uk
Netsight Internet Solutions, Ltd.        Business Vision on the Internet