[_] ISDN30 vs ISDN2

Matt Hamilton matth at netsight.co.uk
Mon Nov 20 20:38:49 GMT 2006

On 20 Nov 2006, at 15:26, Stewart Smith wrote:

> I'd be hoping for on average half the team to be on the phone,
> therefore 10
> lines going at any one time.

In which case ISDN 30 is probably what you want. I seem to remember
looking a few years back when we put ours in (about 2000) and I seem
to remember ISDN30 became cheaper than ISDN2 after about 8-10 lines

> VoIP - I like the idea but have heard lots of bad examples (background
> noise, delays etc) and scare stories so I'm just not too keen at this
> time!!!

Yeah, we kept out ISDN2e line when we moved to our new PBX (asterisk)
so do VoIP within the building, and then ISDN to the outside world.
Gives us best of both I think.

-Matt

Matt Hamilton matth at netsight.co.uk
Netsight Internet Solutions, Ltd. Business Vision on the Internet
http://www.netsight.co.uk +44 (0)117 9090901