[_] colour laser printers?

Laura Griffiths laura.griffiths at gmail.com
Wed Nov 15 16:51:46 GMT 2006

On 11/15/06, Tom Gidden <tom at gidden.net> wrote:

> Mmm.. the other thing is that IIRC, Phasers are cheaper to run than
> lasers.. averaging about 8p/sheet -v- 20p/sheet with the same
> coverage. You can get third-party crayons that are about half the
> price and have very similar (although not identical) results.
>
> I'm not sure about heat... the solid ink is really just like a
> crayon. In fact, you can draw crayony pictures with the blocks, and
> they smell like normal crayons. It does get hot enough to melt the
> wax. I'm not sure if it uses a fuser as well, so I don't know if
> cheques would be an issue.

I hate those wax printers, I used to have to sit next to one and it
made me feel sick all the time, they smell really strong. I also didnt
like the feel of the paper when it had finished printing. My favourite
ever printer was a Minolta QMS magicolor which are very reasonable, do
duplexing and networking dont use shed loads of ink and do have
pantone color matching thingy on them.

For example http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,4149,34121,00.asp

This one is what I had
http://www.konicaminolta.co.uk/frameset.php?page=http://www.konicaminoltaeurope.com/products/business_products/printers/