[_] Anti-virus Software

Rick Hurst rick at netsight.co.uk
Fri Mar 18 11:52:28 GMT 2005

David Hodgkinson wrote:

> On 18 Mar 2005, at 11:26, Tim Beadle wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 11:07:49 +0000, underscore at andydavies.net
>>
>>> Yeh but as it costs so little why not buy it and support them?
>>

>> I could, but I don't think it will run on my Mac ;)
>>

> Neither do the viruses... ;-)

i've been thinking about this - I used to think mac owners were a bit
smug about not having to run antivirus software*, but after having a mac
for a few months now I have to say the feeling I get is actually one of
bemused relief at not having to worry (so much) about security anymore :-)

*although I noticed some people still encourage it, mainly so that PC
viruses aren't unwittingly passed on to PC users. And *yes* I know there
are mac viruses out there....

Rick Hurst rick at netsight.co.uk
Netsight Internet Solutions, Ltd. Business Vision on the Internet
http://www.netsight.co.uk +44 (0)117 9090901