[_] Clapometer

Tim Brayshaw tim at twisty.com
Fri Mar 4 19:16:48 GMT 2005

duck wrote:

> OH> Has anyone coded, can tell me how to code, or know of a decent, clapometer?
> OH> Windows or Mac. Something that we could project onto a screen from a laptop
> OH> (where the data is given from a mike in the auditorium, say).
>
> If you really want to code a clapometer, it could be done in Director.

You could do it in flash:

var clapometerMicrophone:Microphone = Microphone.get();
this.createEmptyMovieClip("sound_mc", this.getNextHighestDepth());
sound_mc.attachAudio(clapometerMicrophone);
this.onEnterFrame = function() {
clapLevel = clapometerMicrophone.activityLevel;
if (clapLevel != -1) {
// do crazy clapometer graphics stuff
trace(clapLevel);
}