[_] Home Networking.

Clive Hunt c.hunt at threecherries.co.uk
Mon Jul 25 09:31:36 BST 2005

Ben,

Try: http://www.homenethelp.com/

If you haven't already done so.

Clive

-----Original Message-----
From: underscore-bounces at under-score.org.uk
[mailto:underscore-bounces at under-score.org.uk] On Behalf Of Ben
Butterfield
Sent: 25 July 2005 09:16
To: 'underscore at under-score.org.uk'
Subject: [_] Home Networking.

Morning all,

I have finally got the old Pentium II up and running on Win 2k and have
been trying to set up a home network to allow it to fulfil it's purpose.

I bought a PC Line 5 port switch on Saturday and was told by the guy in
PC World that this would do the trick. I have not been able to share
files between the PC's using any of the methods I have tried so far
(with no internet connection at all), so any suggestions on what I
should be doing would be great.

I also have not been able to set up a shared internet connection. My
understanding is that the cable modem assigns an IP address to the first
PC it sees when started up and no other IP address gets any access.
Obviously, I cannot assign the same IP address to two PC's on the same
network.

Any help / suggestions would be much appreciated.

Ta,

Ben

Elan is Europe's leading IT recruitment company. For more information
about Elan, please visit the website at www.ElanIT.com
The contents of this email and any attachment are confidential to the
addressee and are intended solely for the addressee's use. If you are
not the addressee, you have received this email in error. If so, you
must not disclose, copy or take any action in reliance on this email and
any attachment. If you received this in error, please contact the
sender and delete the material from your computer.

Although this email and any attachment have been checked for viruses, no
liability is accepted by Elan in this regard. The recipient should
carry out virus and other checks as it deems necessary to ensure that
this email and any attachments will not adversely affect its systems or
data.