[_] Bomb scares in London (off topic)

Steve Roome steve at pepcross.com
Fri Jul 8 15:04:50 BST 2005

On Fri, Jul 08, 2005 at 12:59:47PM +0100, Oliver Humpage wrote:

> I suppose you could argue that we go after military targets, and they're
> going after civilians. But we only don't go after civilian targets (at
> least, usually not deliberately) because we have the technology to avoid
> them. WW2 was full of innocents being bombed on both sides.

Yes, but not fighting in their cause makes us guilty in their eyes and
a valid military target. Sure, many of us might even agree with some
of the things they have an issue with (e.g. the USA's behaviour), but
if we're not fighting with them, we're against them in their view. (Of
course if we die in the process, and we have their view of the world
we're probably going to terrorist warrior heaven, so that's okay.)

> Again, to clarify: I'm not supporting them. But let's have a little less
> hypocrisy all round, eh? :)

But you do have every right to support their beleifs, but not their
actions. It certainly would be informative to talk to someone who
beleives that those people are doing the right thing.

Steve