[_] Generating Thumbnails

Matt Hamilton matth at netsight.co.uk
Thu May 27 11:17:09 BST 2004

Glynn Hayward wrote:

> Can I automatically generate a JPG thumbnail image of an illustrator (ai/eps)/Photoshop file using a server component similar to ASPJpeg. I want to upload the illustrator file to the web site (not a problem) but also generate a thumbnail image of it on the fly and also upload that ?

The python imaging library PIL supports .psd I think (probably only RGB,
not CMYK if that is an issue). I think ghostscript can raster a ps/pdf
file to .gif as well. Both available on pretty much any platform and free.

-Matt

Matt Hamilton matth at netsight.co.uk
Netsight Internet Solutions, Ltd. Business Vision on the Internet
http://www.netsight.co.uk +44 (0)117 9090901