[_] recruitment site dev

Matt Hamilton matth at netsight.co.uk
Wed May 5 13:46:20 BST 2004

Nick Nettleton wrote:

> Why not just ask the user to save their CV as HTML from MS Word, and upload
> that? Save it into a MySQL table with a fulltext index.
>
> Nice and easy for everyone.

Except for the recruitment consultant when he wannts to try and print
out the CV or send it to a client. Have you *seen* Word's HTML output? :)

I would store the original file and then get the server to convert to
plain text and index that.

-Matt

Matt Hamilton matth at netsight.co.uk
Netsight Internet Solutions, Ltd. Business Vision on the Internet
http://www.netsight.co.uk +44 (0)117 9090901