[_] server vulnerability consultant wanted

Matt Hamilton matth at netsight.co.uk
Mon Jun 28 12:33:40 BST 2004

> Its more for my own peace of mind that we have double checked - that’s
> all.

A good tool to help you do this (it won't help your custom code though) is
Nessus (www.nessus.org). It take a little hwile to setup if you don't
know what you are doing, but it is very good at testing for known
vulnerabilities. If this is a shared server at an ISP, you might want to
check with them before you do it. Some tests will no doubt kill you box

:)

-Matt

Matt Hamilton matth at netsight.co.uk
Netsight Internet Solutions, Ltd. Business Vision on the Internet
http://www.netsight.co.uk +44 (0)117 9090901
Web Design | Zope/Plone Development and Consulting | Co-location | Hosting