[_] Question for the panel on Processors

Keith Jones kmj at wigner.ioppublishing.com
Wed Oct 8 17:01:16 BST 2003

On Wed, Oct 08, 2003 at 04:51:48PM +0100, Tom Gidden wrote:

> =) However, Macs are comparable in price to brand name PCs. For the
> quality you get, they're pretty reasonable -- especially the laptops.

If by "comparable" you mean "in the same order of magnitude", I'll let that
pass. I'd say they're still more expensive. Even the laptops.

> > That's a pretty big "unless" though - I wouldn't like to try playing
> > Freelancer in Virtual PC, my Athlon XP box struggles enough with it as it
> > is! :)
> Pah. That's what a PS2/XBox is for.

So hang on, you expect people to buy a new Mac *and* Virtual PC *and* a
games console? I want your salary!

Keith
--
"Anyone who slaps a 'this page is best viewed with Browser X' label on a Web
page appears to be yearning for the bad old days, before the Web, when you