[_] Question for the panel on Processors

Tom Gidden gid at litebase.com
Wed Oct 8 16:51:48 BST 2003

On 8/10/03 16:27, "Keith Jones" <kmj at wigner.ioppublishing.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 08, 2003 at 02:40:26PM +0100, Tom Gidden wrote:
>
>> There really aren't very many good reasons for not going Mac nowadays, and a
>> lot of compelling reasons to do so.
>
> If you can afford it. ;)

=) However, Macs are comparable in price to brand name PCs. For the
quality you get, they're pretty reasonable -- especially the laptops.

> That's a pretty big "unless" though - I wouldn't like to try playing
> Freelancer in Virtual PC, my Athlon XP box struggles enough with it as it
> is! :)

Pah. That's what a PS2/XBox is for. Either that, or go to Games Workshop
and buy a gazillion-sided die and one of those inexplicable bored games. =)

--
Tom Gidden
t: 07976 690 578