[_] Moral Dilemma - list archives

Oliver Humpage oliver at watershed.co.uk
Wed Oct 1 10:33:51 BST 2003

I would say that you shouldn't erase entire messages as if they were never
sent, but rather replace the body of the messages with a simple "[REMOVED AT
POSTER'S REQUEST]". That way the archives still make sense, we haven't
deleted history as such, and the poster him/herself should be happy because
the actual comments are no longer there.

Oliver.

--
Oliver Humpage
ICT Co-ordinator, Watershed Media Centre -- +44 (0)117 9276444

E-mails received are assumed to be for my attention, to do with as I wish.
No responsibility is accepted if communications are sent to me in error.
This disclaimer has as much legal status as yours.