[_] more IIS questions (smtp)

Dave d.abraham at netgates.co.uk
Sat Mar 1 00:28:01 GMT 2003

I sorted the ASP issue by using IIS on my home PC, it works fine. I am trying to test a form mail script, so I need it to send a mail. IIS has an SMTP service.. is this stand alone? Will it work without having to set a mail server up?

I notice the properties of the site have settings to set up a SMTP server address. Does the smtp virtual server work with those settings? If so is there any way to set up SMTP authentication? If not then does anyone know of an SMTP server that will not require authentication?