[_] Re: anti-war demos

Tim Beadle tsb at wigner.ioppublishing.com
Fri Mar 21 13:01:01 GMT 2003

On Fri, Mar 21, 2003 at 12:45:51PM +0000, Tim Beadle wrote:

> "You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye"

Which obviously wasn't directed at you, Libby. I should have put the
reference:

The Gospel according to Matthew (not Hamilton!), chapter 7, verses 2-5:
2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the
measure you use, it will be measured to you.
3 Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no
attention to the plank in your own eye? 4How can you say to your brother,
'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in
your own eye?
4 How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,'
when all the time there is a plank in your own eye?
5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will
see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

© Copyright 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Societ

Tim