[_] Amazon HP iPAQ petition..

Cleo Cat adubry at musiciansfriend.com
Wed Mar 19 19:07:01 GMT 2003

At 06:48 PM 3/19/2003 +0000, you wrote:

>--On Wednesday, March 19, 2003 18:39 +0000 Geraint Michael
><junk at mediaisotope.com> wrote:
>
>>Don't know if anyone else 'took advantage' of Amazons generous offer
>>this morning, but if you did you would probably feel as put out as we do
>>:'(
>
>why do you feel "put out"? It was quite obviously an error, and I would
>never have expected to have the deal honoured.

I think pretty much every retail website out there has a disclaimer on
every page saying something to the effect of:

"Publisher does not accept liability for incorrect spelling, printing
errors (including prices), incorrect manufacturer's specifications or
changes, or grammatical inaccuracies in any product included in the catalog
or Website. Prices subject to change without notice."

our website does at least. In fact, just recently I had to put a halt on an
order of a $10,000 drum set that was sold for $1,000! hehe. I mean, imagine
this scenario: you walk into a store and find a $300 item, but someone has
switched price tags on it, although you don't know that at the time.
Someone has put a $2.99 sticker on the item. Surely the store isn't going
to say, "Oh darn, look at that!! Guess you get a good deal!" hehe.

I *do* think however that Amazon should give something to those people for
their time and effort. Maybe say, "we're sorry for the pricing mistake.
Here's a coupon for 75% of any one item on our site" or something. :)

Andrew Dubry Señior Web Programmer/Cat Petter
Office: 541.774.5475 http://www.musiciansfriend.com
Roving: 541.941.1659 Public Meow ID: 1024D/0A6A1F2Z