[_] After a HUB, or HUB advice (inexperienced Hubber!)

Oliver Humpage oliver at watershed.co.uk
Fri Jun 20 10:09:00 BST 2003

on 20/6/03 10:02 am, Iain Harrison at underscore at hairydog.co.uk wrote:

> On Friday, June 20, 2003 9:47:48 AM Oliver wrote:
>
>> how can you 'route' with only 1 port?
>
> Easily: packets come in, packets go out. They don't have to be through
> different physical ports.

Eugh, you mean putting two completely different networks onto the same load
of wires? Well, might be possible, but not nice, and could screw up
horribly. It's almost worth spending the extra 25 quid... :)

Oliver.

--
Oliver Humpage
ICT Co-ordinator, Watershed Media Centre -- +44 (0)117 9276444

E-mails received are assumed to be for my attention, to do with as I wish.
No responsibility is accepted if communications are sent to me in error.
This disclaimer has as much legal status as yours.