[_] Weird image size reports

power_x at talk21.com power_x at talk21.com
Wed Jun 4 15:24:01 BST 2003

Graphic Converter will do that for you under 'batch'. I take it the images are full colour, and many differnt colours? They should be smaller than 80k, more like 10-15k.

> We have been doing a fair amount of work optimising some images for a
>webstore and have come across a load of images that are 72 dpi 60% jpgs
>(around 2-300 px square) but are reporting as around 80Kb when Graphic
>Converter claims that they should be 5kb ish.
>
>Anyone recognise this error? Graphic Converter claims that they can be
>smaller if we save without resourceforks. As we have over 700 odd images, is
>there any way we bulk convert them to real file sizes?
>--
>Mike Karthauser
>Managing Director - Brightstorm Ltd
>
>Email > mikek at brightstorm.co.uk
>Web > <a Target='_new' Href='http://talk21.btopenworld.com/redirect.html?http://www.brightstorm.co.uk'>http://www.brightstorm.co.uk</a>
&gt;Tel &gt; 0117 9426653 (office)
&gt; 07939 252144 (mobile)
&gt;
&gt;Snailmail &gt; Unit 8, 14 King Square,
&gt; Bristol BS2 8JJ
&gt;
&gt;
&gt;--