[_] Rejection reaons..

Liz liz at xcalibur.demon.co.uk
Wed Jun 4 10:51:01 BST 2003

Hi _ heres something thats on my mind today..

Another interview came and went, and another rejection.. I look at
my rejection reasons seriously, I want to be sure Im applying for
the right jobs, I want to be sure Im not over confident I want to be
sure Im not just an ass..

In recent months during my job hunting 2 rejections have been
prevelent..

1. Over experienced
2. Not strong enough in some areas (usually because the things asked
for werent really what they wanted)

Now, I understand the over experienced thing, but, they had my CV,
they have seen what I did, surely they can tell that the 14 years of
my life or so Ive been doing this that I didnt fall out of college
last week, that I have been and done a lot of things most that are
worth mentioning are in my CV. So, either these people are hoping I
blagged my CV or are just time wasting.

For example.. Next week I have an interview for a job paying around
18k, I earnt nearly twice that last, and the interview is hairy to
say the least. Bare in mind this is for a very basic job ..

08:30 - 09:00 Arrival of Candidates
09:00 - 09:30 Presentation
09:30 - 11:15 Technical Exercises Abbey Suite
11:15 - 11:30 Break Abbey Suite
Short Briefing on the next set of activities
(Candidates to be divided into 3 groups)
11:30 - 1:00 Group A: Practical Assessments Gladiator Suite
Group B: Group Exercise Merlin Suite
Group C: Interviews Javelin Suite
1:00 - 2:00 Lunch
2:00 - 3:30 Group A: Interviews Gladiator Suite
Group B: Practical Assessments Merlin Suite
Group C: Group Exercise Javelin Suite
3:30 - 3:45 Break Abbey Suite
3:45 - 5:15 Group A: Group Exercise Gladiator Suite
Group B: Interviews Merlin Suite
Group C:Practical Assessments Javelin Suite
5:15 - 5:30 Round up and Depart Abbey Suite

Doesnt that seem a LOT of work for an 18k job?

--
Best regards,
Liz (mailto:liz at xcalibur.demon.co.uk)