[_] Usability Testing With the Elderly

Jake McMurchie jakemc at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Jun 3 15:15:01 BST 2003

> Why would anyone want to do that? Disabled people are not
> supposed to be stupid!

How about:
they've already visited the page and want to visit a page it links to
(without having to listen to all of the text again)?

Or:
they listen to the first couple of lines of a page, get bored but know
there'll be other pages it links to that are more interesting?

The point about usability and accessibility testing is about finding out
how people actually use something rather than assuming we (the
designers) know. Anyone know of anyone who uses a screen reader? I'd be
curious to know whether it's a feature that actually *does* get used.

Jake