[_] Thursday Fun : markup sidetrack

Tim Beadle tim.beadle at iop.org
Thu May 23 15:57:00 BST 2002

On Thu, 2002-05-23 at 15:40, Stephen Roome wrote:
>  Does anyone think that the standard of markup used these days
>  matters, or do we assume it's basically just beneath us to worry
>  about HTML itself?

In my sad little way, I derive a certain amount of pride and
satisfaction from writing efficient, valid and well-formed markup. I
don't think it's beneath us at all. Rather, it makes sense to write good
code, as it makes life easier in the future in terms of debugging,
ADA-compliance etc. (Yes I know it's a US Govt. act, but it affects us
when US colleges access our services, as they are providing a
govt-funded service, albeit sourced from us)

Tim

--
Tim Beadle, Information Systems Developer
Institute of Physics Publishing