[_] FREE SMS

Matt Hamilton matth at netsight.co.uk
Tue Jun 25 10:42:01 BST 2002

On Tue, 25 Jun 2002, Alejandro Fernandez wrote:

> I think this is one of the many once free services of which there are now
> less and less.. I usually log in to my own provider's system, which you
> might be able to do too... Or a google or ask jeeves search might get you
> somewhere, but you can't ever tell if the message will be sent or if the
> service will actually be up and running when you need it to be.

This is exactly what I found.  In the end we switched to N-Systems
(www.n-systems.com) who do a pay-as-you go SMS service.  You just buy a
bunch of credits via credit card and then you can send SMS messages via
email or web form.  It is very fast and reliable.  You can even go the
other way and send email from SMS, but I've not tried that yet.

-Matt

Matt Hamilton                                         matth at netsight.co.uk
Netsight Internet Solutions, Ltd.          Business Vision on the Internet
http://www.netsight.co.uk                               +44 (0)117 9090901
Web Hosting | Web Design  | Domain Names  |  Co-location  | DB Integration