[_] Banner (and other) Advertising Rates

Tim Brayshaw tim at twisty.com
Tue Jun 18 17:13:01 BST 2002

On 6/18/2002 4:49 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> Mad isn't it. however, most people who I've spoken to in the affiliate
> marketing arena say that text links generate more sales than banners.

I was just reading this which backs up what you said:

"The study, which used small cameras to track the way online readers'
eyes scan websites, found that surfers focus first on text, ignoring
photos and graphics totally, only returning to them -- if at all --
after reading the text. Magazine and newspaper readers, by contrast,
check out photos and graphics first, then get on with reading."

http://www.wired.com/news/culture/0,1284,36104,00.html

Cheers,

Tim.