[_] SEOs

Dave Smith dave at newmediamaze.com
Tue Apr 23 17:40:01 BST 2002

>Then that won't be human-sorted, well categorised and targetted advertising
will it? If my Atari links are on page 3, the previous 50 links will
obviously be fluff that _thinks_ it might appeal to me, bringing me back to
my original point that the majority of Internet advertising is money
ill-spent. If the major engines do start doing that all that will happen is
we'll see an increase in the likes of dmoz or small hobby sites that search
specific interest group sites, like an AtariGoogle or something.

sorry, I was being a pedant and taking things to the Nth degree. You're
probably quite right, for a search term like Atari, you won't get 3 pages of
adverts before your relevant searches. But for most 'commercial' search
terms, you probably will.

So, do we think that consumers will start to leave the search engines
incorporating CPC in droves for the ad free Google haven?

I totally agree on the point about links btw.

Dave Smith
Account Director
New Media Maze
The Interactive Marketing Consultancy