[_] why oh why.....

Matt Hamilton matth at netsight.co.uk
Tue Apr 23 12:36:00 BST 2002

On Tue, 23 Apr 2002, Clive Hunt wrote:

> ..... do people get upset when visiting sites that force the browser to
> maximise?

Mainly because these sites are doing something to my browser that I didn't
ask them to.  On a psycological level I guess the user is loosing control,
and gets worried when something suddenly happens that they did not expect.
On a practical level, maybe I don't want my window maximised.  e.g. On my
(odd bod techie) computer I know that the window *can't* be maximised
beyond a certain point however hard it tries, and any attempt to do so
will result in me just being able to see part of the screen.

-Matt

Matt Hamilton                                         matth at netsight.co.uk
Netsight Internet Solutions, Ltd.          Business Vision on the Internet
http://www.netsight.co.uk                               +44 (0)117 9090901
Web Hosting | Web Design  | Domain Names  |  Co-location  | DB Integration