[_] interesting story

Peter Ferne petef at e-people.com
Thu Oct 11 14:14:22 BST 2001

> It's allot easier to hide codewords in everyday messages that won't
> catch anyones eye. Encrypted traffic across the net is still very
> low and therefore allot easier to pick out and track.

That's pretty much the whole point of steganography - the fact that this
just looks like an ordinary text message with a jpeg of my cat attached and
isn't apparently encrypted despite the fact that I have tweaked the lowest
order bit of each pixel to convey the secret message 'send three and
fourpence, going to a dance'.

<<wesson.jpg>>

BTW he's not really my cat.
--