[_] Chat solutions using mySQL?

Tom Gidden gid at litebase.com
Thu Jun 21 19:57:10 BST 2001

Clive,  I've got a damn good homebaked solution in my code library
somewhere.. unfortunately, you can't have it. =P  However, if you feel
like writing your own, I can give you some pointers.

Dave, the _web_ is page-oriented... I'm surprised you haven't figured
that out by now.  PHP is just as good as anything to attempt to maintain
state.  If anyone tells you any different, they're trying to sell you
something.

(incidentally, the fact that the web is page-oriented is the number one
reason I think the web is pants.  Stream-oriented mobile FSMs instead.)

Tom