[_] Favicon.ico

Kathleen Misson kmisson at sipcenter.com
Wed Apr 11 16:52:55 BST 2001

It needs to be .ico format.

Go to tucows.com and get yourself a copy of microangelo software.  You can
turn a gif into a .ico graphic.

Thanks to andy for sending me this link <http://www.favicon.com> It answered
my previous question:

Q. >> All I want to know is whether to use a path to the icon in my
document?

A. >> Change the name of the favicon from the default favicon.ico to
something else. Then add or update the link tag in the section of your html
page:
<LINK REL="SHORTCUT ICON" HREF="http://www.favicon.com/favicon2.ico">
Remember, if you do not add this to your head tag, Internet Explorer will
look for favicon.ico (all lowercase).

Cheers,
Kathleen.